- On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.
- Every 120 seconds, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day in America, another 28 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes
With over 340,000 lives saved and 780,000 victims served, funds raised through Walk Like MADD events allow MADD staff and volunteers:
- Provide emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a drunk driving crash Learn more »
- Support the heroes in law enforcement who work to keep our roads safe Learn more »
- Work with state and local legislators to adopt tougher laws, including requiring ignition interlocks for all DUI offenders, and closing the loopholes in many existing laws Learn more »
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk Learn more »