- On average, two out of three people will be impacted by drunk driving in their lifetime.
- Every 2 minutes, someone is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day 28 people are killed by drunk driving.
With over 350,000 lives saved and 820,000 victims served, funds raised through Walk Like MADD events allow MADD staff and volunteers:
- Provide emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a drunk driving crash Learn more »
- Support the heroes in law enforcement who work to keep our roads safe Learn more »
- Work with state and local legislators to adopt tougher laws, including requiring ignition interlocks for all DUI offenders, and closing the loopholes in many existing laws Learn more »
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk Learn more »